Review: Murder Game by Christine Feehan

by 9/30/2013 0 comments
Mass market paperback423 pages
Published January 1st 2009 
by Jove Books 
(first published December 24th 2008)

Games should be fun, but for two expert teams across the country, they’re murder – because the winning team is the one that gets the most kills. The participants in this violent challenge rumored to be GhostWalkers. And Kadan Montague isn’t happy about it.

Kadan is a GhostWalker and he’s determined to clear the GhostWalker name of the rumors. To do it, he’s going to need the help of psychic Tansy Meadows. But as soon as he sees her, he knows his mission will be more complicated than he imagined – and the “murder game” may not be at all what it seems.







My Thoughts

Oohh, I loved this book! I loved that it was a true return to ROMANCE!! Yum. All right, so I love this series, it's definitely one of my favourite paranormal romances, and Christine Feehan is an author I love to read. I remember after the reading the sixth in the series I felt like some of the romance was being lost due to the "pairing" of couples, but that was sooo not the case in this wonderful seventh novel. 

Kadan: Oh, how I've missed the alpha male. Who would have thunk it? Big, bossy, possessive, all mine and demanding, these men are...awesome!! You wouldn't think it, but they really are (in fiction, RL might be another story) and I loved Kadan. All ice and seemingly without emotion, yet so utterly adoring of Tansy. He needed her in a way that was primal and a bit wild, but the thing I adored most about him was that he needed her, and he didn't pretend otherwise. He needed her to bring warmth and light to his life, and right from the get go, he was all about her. Protecting her, loving her, and showing her how much he loved her. He lets her do her tracking thing because she won't let him tell her no, but he keeps her safe through it all and it hurts him to have her put herself in danger and to see her in pain. He was, in my opinion, just about the most prefect alpha male. Unyielding, yet utterly at Tansy's mercy in a way, and not unreasonable. Feehan knows how to write alphas perfectly and I love reading her heroes. 

Tansy: Her strength and independence were truly great reading. She was brilliant I think, and had a heart of gold for wanting to do what she did simply because she could do it. I would never, even with her abilities, do what she did, track serial killers in their own minds, but Tansy does it. She fears doing it, but she does it and that's kind of amazing I think. So I thought she was truly wonderful and I loved that she was probably the first of the GhostWalker heroines not to be doubting her hero just because of the pairing aspect of the story line.  She accepted that Kadan loved her because he loved her, and that was that. Maybe sharing his mind made it impossible for her to doubt that, but I liked that she was willing to give herself to this man without doubts or fears--or at least, enormous ones. It was quite refreshing, and quite time that the heroine simply believed her man loved her. 

Overall the story was engaging, suspenseful, beautifully written and I have more quotes highlighted than I know what to do with! I just loved this book. Did we get a lot of advancement in the crazy Dr. Whitney plot? No. Do I care? Not one bit. Romance is what I'm after. The world is built, established, and things happens slowly and bit by little bit and I'm fine with that!! This story made for purely devastating reading and that's my MO. 

5 glittering stars

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: