Review: Theirs to Keep by Maya Banks

by 10/28/2013 0 comments
Paperback1
Published October 22nd 2013 
by Create Space 
(first published October 20th 2013)

When Cade Winslow and Merrick Sullivan find Elle hiding in the cabinet of a gun store, they know they can’t just walk away from the fragile woman with no memory of who she is or who tried to kill her. Merrick is training for the title shot in the heavyweight division as a mixed martial artist and can’t afford distractions, but neither can he turn his back on the woman who tugs at his heartstrings.

Elle feels safe with her two protectors, and the longer she spends with them, the more she realizes that she has no desire to remember her past. Not when it could compromise her future with Cade and Merrick.

Cade has his own set of concerns when it comes to Elle, and it quickly becomes clear to the two men that for the first time in their friendship, a woman is coming between them. But what if they just kept her there? Between them. Where she belongs.


My Thoughts

I have been waiting for this book for what feels like forever. The cover, while pretty...not my style. I liked the original cover a bit better--I like people, places on the cover. This is gorgeous and the colour is a favourite of mine, but...*shrug* Anyway. The story is what matters. And is does not disappoint ☺

Merrick: Ahem. My favourite in this novel. I loved him from the first, though I don't know why exactly he resonated with me more than Cade. Maybe it was his rough exterior--big, tatted guy, a fighter but a gentle soul. Elle calls him her gentle giant. I just adored him. I loved how possessive he was, but he was always gentle, always patient, protective, sweet in his expression of love for Elle. He just swept me off my feet. I can't wait for more of Merrick. 

Cade: He;s just as alpha, just as protective of Elle as Merrick. Every bit as in love with her. Perhaps a tad more even tempered. I admired both him and Merrick for not wanting their desire for Elle to come between their friendship, a bond that was similar to that of brothers. And I adored Cade for coming up with the idea, and laying it on the line to Merrick, that they try and build a relationship with Elle together. Neither he or Merrick was into the menage scene and I liked that it was something they had to get to used to, but that they were both willing to try for the sake of their friendship and because they were both in love enough with Elle to see that she loved them both. 

Elle: I'm expecting her to turn kick ass. She's so vulnerable right now, but so brave in many ways. After what she has endured, to be willing to marry two men, to build a life with them, to trust again--even though she doesn't have her memory, she's willing to leap into love and trust knowing something horrible lurks in her past, hidden from her by her own mind. She knows it, she feels it, but she's valiantly trying not to let that control her life or her choice. Yes, she doesn't want to remember--and I don't blame her--but not to let that horror control her is a sheer act of defiance and courage in my opinion. Maya Banks writes a wonderful heroine yet again. 

I adored this first novel to the Tangled Hearts trilogy and cannot wait for more. 

5 glittering stars



Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: