Review: To Marry a Scottish Laird by Lynsay Sands

by 12/10/2014 0 comments
Paperback384 pages
Published June 24th 2014 by Avon
Series: Scottish Highlanders, #2
My Rating: 
Genre: Historical Romance

Highlander Campbell Sinclair is no stranger to battle, so when he sees a lad attacked by bandits, he jumps into the fray. He didn't count on being stabbed. Grateful to the boy for nursing him back to health, Cam offers to accompany Jo safely to his destination. But when he accidentally comes across the lad bathing in the river, Cam discovers that Jo is actually Joan...with the most sinful of curves.

Joan promised her mother that she would deliver a scroll to the clan MacKay. But traveling alone is dangerous, even disguised as a boy. When a Scottish warrior lends his aid, she is more than relieved...until he surprises her with lingering kisses and caresses that prove her disguise hasn't fooled him. As their passion ignites, will the secrets of the scroll force a wedding...and lead to a love she's never known?



I quite enjoyed this novel. Lynsay Sands really knows how to write a great historical. They're romantic, full of passion, with well developed characters and the plots are always engaging and fun. I read this almost immediately after reading the first in the series, which I adored, and I found this was one hell of a fun read. Not as funny as the first novel, but still sharp and it pulled at my heart strings.
Inside cover.
I love the inside covers of romances!

I loved how Cam and Joan could not keep their hands off each other. It was entertaining and it was artfully done so that their encounters built true intimacy between them. So it was an easy marriage in a way--they both loved one another, so even though it was a forced marriage, it really was an easy marriage too. But nothing is ever really easy in romance, and the happily ever after has to be earned, so there are of course obstacles for this couple to overcome. One being something of a misunderstanding and lack of communication between our hero and heroine--but that's always the way. The other is something far more sinister.

This novel has a great cast of supporting characters, some of who I hope to see again and some that I'm glad I'll never see again *grin* It was also nice to see Ross and Annabel again, and they shone marvelously. I love it when authors can bring back characters from a previous novel in the series in a meaningful way. I am sure to continue this series and will be reading more from this author in the future.



Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: