Review: Lord of the Fading Lands by C.L Wilson

by 2/08/2015 0 comments
Lordy lord. I loved this book. Just absolutely loved it. There's something about novels that are epic in the way this one way, that are set in a purely fantastical world that just really captures my imagination. C.L Wilson really knows how to deliver complex world building within a plot that is engaging and gripping.

Series: Tairen Soul, #1
My Rating: 
Genre: Paranormal Romance


This is a story that is obviously going to span over the series. This first novel sets up the world as well as the relationship that is going to develop between Rain and Ellysetta. A lot of time is spend courting, but equal time is spent developing the politics of this world and the plot line in which the Eld are going to play a major role. And I think Ellysetta will as well. There has to be a reason the Eld Mages want to find her so badly, as to be a reason she was abandoned as a child, has to be a reason that is the truemate of a Tairen Soul when no Tairen Soul has ever before had a truemate. Something big in going down in this plot, and I'm itching to find out what it was.

Rain is an interesting character for a man who is a thousand world, and especially for one who burned the world out of grief. I wasn't sure what to expect from his character. Steel determination? Yes. But I think I was also expecting something of a bitterness to his character that I just don't see, which is wonderful because from the very first this is a king determined to save his people. This is a man who wants nothing more than to protect his truemate. There's something compelling in those facts, knowing how long he's lived, and how much he's lost and endured.
Book Two

Ellysetta has a fiery gentleness to her that I really like. In a nutshell, I think that about sums her up. She won't let anyone hurt her family, and she stands up for herself as well--even to Rain, who is at times a demanding idiot. What her nightmares mean, I can't begin to guess--I know the Shadow Man is the Eld mage, but I can't begin to think why he is so interested in Elly. I have some theories, but that plot point is still up in the air for me. Is there a darkness in her? So far her character has not demonstrated that at all, and I know Rain doesn't see it. And if he can't, I have to believe that it's just not there. But it does leave me wondering as to who she is, and why this evil Eld Mage is so interested in her.

Needless to say, I have already ordered book two because curiousity killed the cat--namely me in this case.

The writing is polished, the storyline is epic, and the characters are vividly portrayed. I am once again won over by this author who has written a story that I'm sure will stay with me for a very long. This is definitely a novel I will read over and over again.

Happy Reading
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: