Review: The Highlander Takes a Bride by Lynsay Sands

by 11/28/2015 0 comments
I've been loving this highlander series by Lynsay Sands and was very excited to begin the third book in the series.There's nothing like a good highlander romance and Lynsay Sands always delivers action and hilarity in her romances set in Scotland. The story opens with a very interesting scene that plays right into the drama that develops throughout the book and I was left wondering who was behind the deeds at every turn.

Series: Scottish Highlander, #3
My Rating:
Genre: Historical Romance

The heroine of this novel is Saidh, who appeared in the second book of the series, and who isn't everything a proper lady should be. Having grown up with seven brothers, she can brawl and swear, climb trees and wield a sword. She first catches Greer's attention because she's beautiful, but it's her temper and passionate love of life that wins his heart. I liked Saidh because she wasn't wiling to put up with any coddling and also because she sought to clear her cousin's name, even when she herself had some doubts about Fenella's innocence. I also loved that she stood toe to toe with all the men in her life and often came out on top!

What sent me to wondering was who was after murdering Saidh and why. The logical answer seemed to be Fenella, but when that started to seem less likely, I was stumped. But I never saw who it really was coming!! I think Greer was also stunned by the identity of the villain and I have to say, there's a lot to love about Greer's character. He's not your usual laird. He's been a hired warrior, so he isn't as stoic or worried about duty as lairds tend to be at times. He knows how to have a good time, and he knew that Saidh wasn't merely someone he could have a good time with, and his first concern is to uphold her good reputation and so marries her. It's a hilarious scene, but you can see that Greer chooses Saidh for his wife with all the tongue tied adoration of a man really in love.

A wonderful addition to the series, The Highlander Takes a Bride was sweet, sexy and had a tightly woven plot that kept me turning the pages from beginning to end. I highly recommend this highlander series to anyone who is a fan of the genre.

Happy Reading,
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: