Quote It!~22 Dance of the Gods by Nora Roberts

by 9/10/2016 0 comments
I've been reading a Nora Roberts series, and her writing is lovely. I have a ball reading it, her style is so smooth and easy to read and elegantly simple and yet, elegant. And in the second novel of her Circle Trilogy, I found some yummy quotes I just had to share with you. I have to say, this series just works for me. The storytelling, the characters, it all carries you away and is a pleasure to read. I know this series will not disappoint even though it is not your traditional paranormal romance. But, I digress. Here are the quotes I just had to share today because they made me pause and shiver or smile or both.

"...I said I like the charming the ladies, and I do. I enjoy a flirt here and there, and a tumble when I can get one. But I don't hurt women, not with my hands, not with my words. I don't lie. So when I tell you how I see you, it's the simple truth of it. I think you're magnificent."

Her mood only improved. What could better than watching a half-naked, great-looking guy beat hot steel into a sword?

She talked of war, she thought. And he gave her a flower. Maybe it was foolish--maybe both of them were--but she slid its stem into one of the buttonholes of her coat. And she breathed in its sweet scent as they walked toward the battleground.

"I said you're my breath, and my pulse, my heart, my voice. I said, I'll love you even when all of them stop. I'll love you, and only you, until all the worlds are ended...."

That's a little taste of the style of these novels, and I hope you got a shiver or two yourself reading these great quotes. Stay tuned for my review!

Happy Reading,
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: