Review: The Twelve Days of Christmas by Debbie Macomber

by 11/11/2016 0 comments
Debbie Macomber is an author that always provides a meaningful story and I absolutely loved the premise of her novel, The Twelve Days of Christmas. But I loved the novel itself even more. It's a fun, sweet read that evolves into a love story that will any reader with a heart all le sigh. Le sigh is important in romance, and this novel does it just right. 

My Rating: 5 ❀'s
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Add to Goodreads

I loved Julia's idea of wirting about a blog about her grouchy neighbour, Cain. Even though Julia was clearly a sweet, kind person it was obvious that she disliked Cain because she thought him rude and surly. We all make the mistake of judging people without knowing them, and Julia makes this error when it comes to Cain.

I loved seeing the romance between these two grow. It was sweet, it was funny and most important, it was so artfully written by the author. The entire novel and story was easy reading and well developed. I loved Julia's character, bubbly, kind but also strong and smart. And although Cain was perhaps not the most endearing of characters at first, he certainly grew into the dreamiest of heroes. I loved the things he says to Julia at the end of the novel. They just made me melt.

Dear readers, I have a have a small confession to make. As I write this review, all I think about doing is going out and buying this novel so I can read it all over again. Maybe closer to Christmas. And I have to say, it's not every holiday romance novel that makes you carve a re-read. Heck, it's not every romance novel that makes you carve a re-read, so I think that says a lot about this book. I was swept away by the characters and story and this novel has definitely become a favourite of mine.

I have a another small confession to make. I listened to this on audio. It was great! But, I think reading the words will be another kind of reading experience altogether, and one that I am looking forward to. Happy reading, dear readers. Happy reading to all!

Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: