Review: Unspeakable by Sandra Brown

by 1/16/2017 0 comments
I love a good Sandra Brown book, and this one really stood out for me. This author truly knows how to depict characters and spin a plot and I'm always surprised at the end. Throughout this entire novel, you think you know who the baddies are--and they are the baddies, make no mistake. But there is a little something more.

My Rating: 5 ❀'s
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Add to Goodreads

Since I try not to include any spoilers in my review, I am not going to say what that little something else is, but it comes at the very end and it sure made me open my eyes wide.

Which is exactly what I love about Sandra Brown, it's not easy to figure out whodunnit, or where she is going to twist the plot. This time, it was really unexpected for me. So much so that I'm itching to get to another Sandra Brown novel just because I'm eager to see what else she has up her sleeve!

But, back to the characters. I loved to hate the Herbold brothers--they made my skin crawl. I was disgusted by the way they thought of the world, as though everyone and everything in it owed them something, and I was especially disgusted by their sexist attitudes, as though women were mere pleasure objects and disposable ones at that. Sandra Brown has that knack of painting characters just so vividly, and it's not just the villains that are so well portrayed. I loved our hero, Jack because he was that quiet sort of hero, the drifter sort that you always wonder about and I saw a vulnerability in him that tugged at my heartstrings. I was also very interested in Ezzy, who was still trying to unravel the McCorkle after nearly seventeen years. I'm glad he finally got his answer, and loved the way the author tied all of these characters together. They seem totally unconnected, and yet...well, dear readers, to say more would be to spoil but that's what Ms. Brown does, spins a tale that leaves you wanting more right till the end--and the end is always a surprise.

This is a favourite novel for me by this author. I loved every word and it's not a mystery I'll soon be forgetting.

Happy Reading,
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: