Review: Say Yes to the Marquess by Tessa Dare

by 2/19/2017 0 comments
I adore a good historical, and Tessa Dare is quickly becoming a favourite of mine in this romance genre. Say Yes to the Marquess is the second novel in the Castles Ever After series, and although not as steeped in fairy tale romance as the first novel, this was a delightful read.

Series: Castles Ever After, #2 
My Rating: 4 ❀'s
Genre: Historical Romance
Add to Goodreads

Clio is a character I liked very much. She has been waiting around eight years for her engagement to become a marriage and she is, at long last, done with waiting. Seeking to break the engagement, she seeks out her fiancee's brother, only to become embroiled in her own wedding preparations. Because Rafe will not hear of her not marrying his brother. Even though he secretly wants Clio for himself.

I liked Rafe. I liked his impulsive and yet, controlled nature. He only lost control if he was very upset, and that didn't seem to happen too often. And it was often in Clio's defense, which was sweet, if at times, not always the most prudent behavior. It was understandable, and made him a hero you could really admire. He and Clio fit so nicely together because both of them thought of themselves as not enough, as less desirable in the eyes of society, of their families. But where others saw perhaps only flaws, or failings, each saw in the other strength and good character and desirability.

I enjoyed this story of the heroine falling in love with the wrong brother, and I laughed throughout the novel as the humor and fabulous storytelling make this one enjoyable novel very easy to love.

Happy Listening,
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: